Dark circles, Raccoon eye, whatever you would like to call those dark hallow circling around your peepers—the fact is that they are pesky! The good news is that dealing with them is pretty simple, once you learn how to conceal dark circles.
Many women suffer from dark circles for several reasons. Some common causes are hereditary factors (Thanks dad!), aging, and allergies. The trick to dark circles is to minimize their appearance with prevention, by incorporating healthy habits and using makeup to cover up whatever is left.
A few healthy ways to diminish dark circles
- Get your beauty rest every night (at least 7 hours)
- Drink plenty of water and don’t forget to eat your veggies!
- Taking vitamins
- Treat your allergies (Schedule and appointment with your doctor)
- Use an eye cream regularly, preferably one with vitamin C
Once you start incorporating these methods into your lifestyle, you will notice that your dark circles will begin to diminish. Unfortunately, a healthy lifestyle may not mark your raccoon eyes vanish. That’s where makeup enters into your routine. With a few products and the right techniques, you can make your dark circles disappear.
How to Conceal Dark Circles
The first step in concealing dark circles requires a little color theory, which can be applied to any discoloration on your face, so take notes.
If your dark circles have:
- A brownish appearance (blue undertone)- You will need a peachy/salmon color corrector or a concealer with an orange undertone.
- A purple undertone– You will need a yellow color corrector or a concealer with a yellow undertone.
- A red appearance (which is commonly caused by allergies, boozy nights, or rosacea)- You will need a green color corrector.
Now that you know how to correct the color, you need to learn the essential makeup application tips to cover up the area. Here’s a video that I’ve created with all of the details.
Do you have any questions about covering dark circles that I didn’t address in this post/video? Comment below and I will get back to you with my suggestions!