From cotton-candy pink, to mint green, it’s hard to think of spring without pastels coming to mind.
The soft colors were seen on the spring runways of designers such as Kate Spade, J. Crew, and Rebecca Minkoff. Pastels are making their way from the runway, to the makeup bags of real-life fashionista’s this spring.
Looking to incorporate washed out watercolors in your routine this season? It’s easy and a cheeky way to brighten up your look for spring.
Pastel Eyes Makeup Tutorial
1. Groom and fill your eyebrows.
2. Cut the crease of your eye using a blending brush and a color 2 shades darker than your natural skin tone.
3. Highlight your brow bone with a shimmery shade that is close to your skin tone.
4. Select a pastel shade that flatters your complexion. Light skin colors look best in dreamy shades such as a pale pink or baby blue. Medium skin tones stand out in mint green and coral. Dark skin tones look best in vibrant shades such as purple.
5. Apply the pastel shadow using a stiff brush and make sure the pack on the color. For a look that really makes a statement, create a winged shape using an angled brush to get sharp, clean lines.
6. Line your upper lash line with a black gel liner, making sure to work in small strokes using a flat brush.
7. To brighten and open the eyes, line the water line of your eyes with a nude liner that matches your skin tone. If you want a dramatic look, opt for black instead. If you want to get festive, pick a contrasting color to really make your eyes pop!
8. Apply 2 coats of your favorite mascara.
9. Add lashes for a bold finishing touch.
Lime Crime Empress Eyeshadow
Lorac Pro Palette (Crease: Expresso, Highlight: Light Bronze)
Luka Cosmetics Liquid Liner Pen
MAC Naked Lip Liner
Mary Kay Love Lash Mascara
Red Cherry DW Lashes
Photos by: Melanie Hernandez
Look modeled by: Natasha
Will you be wearing pastel eyeshadow this spring?