Today is my Birthday and I’m feeling a little like Oprah, so I would like to share a few of my favorite beauty products that I have discovered this year with you.
Every year I try a ton of products, from a wide array of brands and price points. I’m easily sold on packaging. If it’s pretty, pink or sparkly, I’ll quickly slip out my wallet. I have this bad habit of assuming that if the packaging is pretty, the product will be great. Unfortunately, that’s usually not the case.
Only a few beauty products that I try actually become permanent members of my beauty product menagerie. Here are the ones that made my cut this year.
1. MAC Mineralized Volcanic Ash Exfoliator ($28.00)- There’s nothing like washing your face and finding yourself touching your skin in disbelief of how soft it is. This exactly what will happen when you use this face wash. This gentle scrub gets deep inside of pores to get rid of the gunk, while removing dead skin particles and leaving skin refreshed. I also have found that this product works really well with my acne prone skin. I use it 2 times a week and have found that it helps keep my blemishes at bay and reduces the oil on my skin. I should also mention that this face wash has a sulfur scent, which I really like, but some may not be a fan of this.
2. Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Crean ($8.00)- In the last year my skin has started to change a lot and I have noticed that it has became oily. Hey, at least oil keeps the wrinkles away! But with that said, it’s important to keep skin moisturized to prevent aging. I really like using this gel moisturizer because it doesn’t leave a sheen on my skin or an oily feeling. It also smells really great and at eight bucks a pop you really can’t go wrong!
3. Clarisonic Mia 2 ($150.00)- This gadget is a rookie in my beauty vault and has quickly become a key player in my beauty routine. I have been using it for a few short weeks and I can’t believe how much it has changed my skin. My gigantic pores have shrunk and I have noticed that my skin has a natural glow now. The best part is that others are starting to notice the difference in my skin. People have actually started to compliment me on my skin. It’s an investment item, but worth every penny!
4. NARS “Dragon Girl” Velvet Matte Lip Pencil ($25.00)- I have always wants to have a signature red lip look, but I was never able to find the right shade for my skin. That is until I met this perfect rouge lip pencil. The color is great for many skin tones, which I really like. It also goes on super smooth and lasts when applied to a primed lip. This is a must try ladies!
5. LORAC Pro Palette ($42.00)- This is must-have product for makeup mavens and makeup artists alike. These shadows are very pigmented, apply smoothly and are very easy to blend. The palette offers a wide array of neutral shades, in both a matte and shimmery finish. I have found that most of the colors are wearable and I have gotten use out of almost all of the colors. I also really like to use this palette on my bridal clients because the shades generally compliment them well.
Do you currently use any of these products? If so, how do you like them?