Makeup Tutorial: Rock Star Makeup
It’s back to school season and a great time to brush up your early morning makeup routine. Whether you’re a student, young professional or a mom rushing your kiddies to school before work, any woman can befit from a quick back-to-school makeup routine.
I have put together a series of quick and easy makeup routines that take under 15 minutes to complete. This is the third look of my series, but you can visit my “makeup minimalist” look here, my “Trendsetter” look here and “The Girly Girl” look here.
The Rock Star
Who is she?
This girl is all about edge and pushing boundaries with her style. Her look is dark and inspired by rock music. She takes chances and isn’t concerned with what others think of her look.
She wears makeup to accentuate her personal style .
1. Apply a thin layer of the Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener under your eyes and work it into your inner eye. This will help conceal under eye circles, while giving your face a brighter appearance.
2. Apply your foundation of choice. I used Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation (See my thoughts on this product here) because it offers lightweight buildable coverage.
3. Apply bronzer to the high points of your face (cheek bones, nose chin and forehead) to add a subtle glow.
4. Using the Lorac Pro Palette, apply “champagne” on the inner corners of your eyes.
5. Next, apply “Light bronze” on your lid.
6. Then, apply “Sable” to the outer V of your eyes. You can also use a fluffy brush to contour your eyes with this shade.
7. Using a liner pencil, apply black eye liner to your upper eyelid and smudge the line to create a smokey effect. Repeat this step until your desired intensity is achieved.
8. Apply two coats on mascara to your lashes.
9. Tight line your upper and lower waterlines with a black eye liner. If you have small eyes, skip this step.
10. Apply a layer of nude gloss.
Products Used to Create This Look:
– Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation (See my thoughts on this product here)
– Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener
– NARS Laguna Bronzer
– Lorac Pro Palette Shadows: Champagne, Light Bronze and Sable
– MAC Feline Eye Kohl
– Maybelline The Colossal Volum’ Express Mascara (Classic Black)
– OCC Jealous Lip Tar