Holiday Makeup: Emerald Eyeliner
The Holidays are here which means it’s time to figure out what you will wear to all of your festive gatherings. Between spending time with friends, outings with co-workers and traditional time with the family, every woman needs to have a few makeup looks up her sleeve. The holidays are the perfect time to break out of the regular routine, and jazz up your makeup look!
I can’t live without black eye liner, but this holiday season I’m giving my dark liner a bit of a break and trying something new- Emerald eyeliner!
Emerald is the Pantone’s color of the year and a perfects shade to rim your peepers with for the holidays. The shade is dark enough to be a flattering liner and looks especially well with brown eyes. Finally! A color that suits brown-eyed girls like me!
If leaving your habit of traditional liner makes you uneasy, try a less drastic approach by lining only the top of your eyes with emerald eyeliner, or to pop in a bit of color, line the bottom of your eyes instead.
If you love the drama and are ready to make a statement at your holiday party (you go girl!), try lining both the top and bottom of your eyes with emerald eyeliner.
Want to take this look up a notch? Double line your eyes with emerald eyeliner and create a cat eye (check out my 5 ways to wear winged liner post for ideas). Your eyes will sparkle more than the Christmas tree in the room!
Tip on how to wear Emerald Eyeliner:
- Don’t have emerald eyeliner? It’s ok, make your own! Simply wet an angled brush (or spritz it with MAC Fix + spray) and dip it into your favorite emerald eye shadow. Tada!
- To really make the bottom liner pop, take a tapered brush with a little emerald eye shadow and sweep it over your liner. Not only will this make the color more opaque, it will also help set the liner.
- False lashes pair perfectly with emerald eyeliner and will give your eyes a fun and flirty look.
- Keep your lips simple; unless you ready want to get in the holiday spirit, then you can pair this eye look with dark red lips.
1. MAC Velvet Teddy Lipstick | 2. MAC Feline Eyeliner (water line) | 3. Sugarpill Cold Chemistry Palette (Diamond Eyes to highlight and in the inner eyes and Subterranean over the liner under eyes) | 4. NYX Crystal Jade Eyeliner (top and bottom liner) | 5. Red Cherry #523 Lashes
Will you be wearing emerald eyeliner this holiday season?