DIY Brown Sugar Body Scrub Recipe
Summer days of soaking up the sun and splashing in the pool are tons of fun, but they come at a price. The truth is, the sun, beach and pool can cause your skin to lose moisture, giving it a dull appearance and scaly texture. We love snake print for summer, but we definitely don’t want to look or feel like a snake! Give back to your skin after a day in the sun with a DIY brown sugar body scrub.
A few months ago my cousin sent me a few recipes to make a DIY brown sugar body scrub. I mixed up a batch and after just one use my skin looked healthy, felt soft and stayed hydrated for days. I should also mention that my skin smelt delicious afterwards!
The DIY Brown Sugar Body Scrub gives you luxury results for a fraction of the price compared to similar store bought products or spa treatments. Since I discovered this natural DIY skin care product, I have added the brown sugar body scrub as a regular part of my skincare routine. Let’s not forget, skincare is not just about caring for your face, but caring for ALL of your skin!
You Will Need:
– 1 Cup of Brown Sugar (Removes dead skin to help produce new and healthy skin)
– ½ Cup of Coconut Oil (Natural “super” oil that provides deep hydration)
– 1 Teaspoon of Vitamin E Oil (Antioxidant that protects and repairs skin)
– 1 Teaspoon of Almond Oil (Smells great and hydrates)
– ½ Tablespoon of Cinnamon (optional)
– A jar/container to store the scrub
– Measuring spoons/cups
– Bowl for Mixing
Directions: Measure all of the ingredients in your bowl. Once you are done place the mixture in an airtight container or jar.
Tip: Mix up an extra batch and give it to a friend. You can also buy cute mason jars at your local craft store and mix some up as gifts.