Disclosure: Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser have compensated this shop. All opinions are mine alone.
#ShareYourSummer #CollectiveBias #ad
They say time flies when your having fun and I couldn’t agree more! It’s hard to believe that this year my gal pals and I are celebrating 20 years of friendship.
I’ve known my besties since elementary school and these girls have been with me through every phase of my life so far. We taught each other how to wear makeup in middle school and helped each other wipe away the tears with an army of tissues during the first love heartbreaks of high school. Those were the years of growing pains, but our early 20s were the best times we spent together. We like to call this era our “prime” and it can easily go down in the books as the best nights of our lives, and also the worst hangovers we’ve experienced– EVER.
These women mean the world to me and this Friendiversary calls for a celebration of epic proportions!
To prepare for my soiree, I headed to Walmart to visit the Share a Coke section of the store because I thought these bottles would be perfect for the occasion. Especially since this year Coke expanded their Share A Coke campaign and has 1,000 names printed on bottles (wondering if they have your name? Find your name). The section was easy to find in the store and Walmart made it easy for me to browse for the Coca-Cola personalized 20 oz bottles that I needed. I grabbed my Coca-Cola 20 oz bottles, REESE’S Peanut Butter Cups (these also had cute sayings on them and are exclusively sold at Walmart), and a few extra goodies, then headed home to whip up something sweet to share with the girls.
When I opened the REESE’S Cups, I found a cup with the saying “fun” on it. This cup perfectly describe the good times that I’ve had with my fave friends, Jessica and Karen, through the years! Now it was time to create something special for my friends to enjoy at our par-tay!
I know a lot about my friends and one thing that stands out is that they all love desserts. Since I’m the baker of the bunch, I knew they would expect me to feed their appetites for something sweet. I love to bake cupcakes, so I created a very special cupcake for my friends: A Cheesecake Filled Coca-Cola Cupcake with REESE’S Cups Frosting. Hey, I wasn’t kidding when I said they love sweets!
My friends loved the cupcake that I served at our Friendiversary Girls Night In. Everyone came in comfy PJ’s and indulged in the cupcakes, while we looked though old photos and laughed at our past. We had so much fun and added another night to the memory book that will last a lifetime.
Cheesecake Filled Coca-Cola Cupcake with REESE’S Cups Frosting
Servings: 16 cupcakes
Mini REESE’S Cups Crust Cheesecake:
- ¾ Cup of Graham Cracker crumbs
- 1/3 Cup of melted REESE’S Cups
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- ¼ Cup of sugar
- 1 Egg
- Cooking Spray (Butter flavor)
- 1 Box Chocolate Cake
- 12 oz. of Coca-Cola
- 3 Eggs
REESE’S Cups Frosting:
- ½ Stick of Butter (Softened)
- 1 ½ Cups of Powdered Sugar
- 1/8 Cup of Whole Milk (Room Temperature)
- 1/3 Cup of Melted REESE’S Cups
- RESSE’S Cups for Garnish
- Food Processor
- Mini Cupcake Pan
- Standard Cupcake Pan
- Cupcake Liners
Mini REESE’S Cups Crust Cheesecakes:
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. and coat your mini cheesecake cooking spray. Place the REESE’S Peanut butter Cups and butter in the microwave and melt.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs with the butter and melted REESE’S cups. Then, press 1 tsp. of the mix into each mini cupcake pan. Set aside the leftover mix for garnishing.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth and then add sugar and the egg until it’s evenly mixed and smooth. Spoon over each mini crust in the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the center is almost set. Then set aside to cool. Once cooled, pop out each mini cheesecake with a spoon and place on a dish to cool in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Follow the instructions on your box cake for preparation, but substitute the water and oil for Coca-Cola. Once you have prepared the mix, line your standard cupcake pan with cupcake liners and cover the bottom of each individual pan with about 1 tbsp. of Coca-Cola chocolate cupcake mix.
- Then, remove your mini cheesecakes from the refrigerator and place one cheesecake in the center of each pan. Lastly, pour the remaining cake mix over each pan until you have covered all of the cheesecakes with cake mix. Gently shake the pan to ensure that the mix is evenly distributed.
- Follow the baking instructions on the back of your cake mix and once they are finished baking, set aside to cool.
REESE’S Cups Frosting:
- Beat butter until it’s smooth. Add milk and sugar and beat until smooth. Add melted REESE’S cups and beat again until it’s evenly mixed.
- Frost each cupcake
Sprinkle some of your leftover REESE’S cups cheesecake crust crumble over each cupcake cake and finish by placing a REESE’S cup in each cupcake.
Check out some more Share A Coke Enjoy A REESE’S Cup inspiration and let me know which one of your friends you will be sharing a Coke with this summer in the comment section below!