Back-to-School Makeup Routines 101: The Makeup Minimalist
It’s back to school season and a great time to brush up your early morning makeup routine. Whether you’re a student or a mom rushing your kiddies to school before work, any woman can befit from a quick back-to-school makeup routine.
I have put together a series of quick and easy makeup routines that take under 15 minutes to complete. If you are anything like me, you would rather get an extra few minutes of shuteye on a Monday morning, than worry about your makeup. Go ahead and hit the snooze button and enjoy some extra beauty sleep without sacrificing your beauty routine.
I have collaborated with Andrea from Flip Flops and Fashion for this back-to-school series. To get the details on Andrea’s outfits, please visit her blog.
The Makeup Minimalist
Who is she?
The Sporty Girl. A beginner in the world of makeup. The woman who doesn’t have time to spend on makeup in the morning. Or the “OMG! I have 15 minutes to get out the door!” makeup look.
This minimal makeup look uses just enough makeup to make you appear awake and refreshed, without the need of a ton of products or time.
Get the Look:
1. Apply a thin layer of the Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener under your eyes and work it into your inner eye. This will help conceal under eye circles, while giving your face a brighter appearance.
2. Apply your foundation of choice. I used Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation (See my thoughts on this product here) because it offers lightweight buildable coverage.
3. Apply blush to the apples of your cheeks.
4. Apply 2 coats of mascara to your lashes.
5. Apply a layer of tinted lip gloss. A tinted lip gloss offers a bit of color to bring the look together.
Products Used to Create This Look:
– Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation
– Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener
– MAC Legendary Blush (From the Marilyn Monroe Collection)
– Maybelline The Colossal Volum’ Express Mascara (Classic Black)
– OCC Stained Gloss in Jealous