Yesterday I went to The Makeup Show Orlando. This annual event is a 2-day sanctuary for makeup artist and beauty lovers alike (check out my experience from last year). I always look forward to attending because it’s a great place to mingle with some of the best makeup artist in the industry such as James Vincent (read my interview with James Vincent), Orlando Santiago and Merrell Hollis to name just a few. During the show these talented artists offer hands-on work shops, demonstrations and also share their inspiring stories during the event. I particularly felt moved after listening to Tia Dantzler’s story about how she started her career as a celebrity makeup artist.
Then there is the other part of the event– the vendors. Rows and rows of makeup brands with booths filled with enticing products. This is the very difficult part of the show– trying to leave without spending the Christmas shopping budget on makeup. As much as I love makeup, I don’t think my brother would appreciate a sparkly eyeshadow palette for Christmas.
After spending the day swatching products and sifting through all of the makeup booths, I finally narrowed to my top 5 favorite finds from The Makeup Show Orlando 2014.
1. Magnolia Makeup Matte Lipstick in “Midnight Violet”– This is such a gorgeous color and I just couldn’t leave the show without it. The color is super dark, nearly black, but you can definitely tell it’s violet. I also love that it applies and glides like a lip gloss, but dries as a matte long-lasting lipstick.
2. Nigel’s Beauty Mini Point Tip Cotton Swabs- Maybe I’ve been living under a rock, but this is the first time I have ever seen these little cotton swabs. They are tiny for added precision when cleaning up a makeup look. I think they are going to be great for cleaning the edges of my eyeliner or when creating a defined lip.
3. Stila One Step Color Corrector- I’ve been wanting this product since the last Makeup Show, so this time, it was the first product I scooped up. I used it first thing this morning and the multiple colors in the serum instantly corrected my redness and dull skin, to give the illusion of bright and flawless skin.
4. Beauty Butler- This was definitely the most innovative product I discovered at the show this year. To put it in simple terms, the Beauty Butler is a plastic board covered in Velcro. By placing the grab tabs (Velcro tabs) on your favorite beauty products, you can instantly secure them in place on the board. This is great way to safely secure your products to reduce spills and damage, while saving a ton of space! This isn’t the last time I will be talking about this product, you will definitely be hearing more about it in the near future.
5. Makeup forever Ink Liner- I have been searching for a matte, super-black, long-lasting eye liner. The beauty geniuses at Makeup Forever must have been reading my mind because the Ink Liner is everything I have been looking for. With a fine and precise tip, this liner is perfect for creating fine liners and even bold graphic looks.
Have you ever attended a Makeup Show? If so, what has been your favorite product discovery?