10 Beauty Uses for Coconut Oil
In the last year, coconut oil has become a go-to beauty remedy for me. I first started using it for my hair and now I’m using it everywhere. From my face to my feet, the beauty uses for coconut oil are endless.
Here is my top 10 Beauty Uses for Coconut Oil:
1. Do your locks need a little TLC this season? Apply a generous amount coconut oil to the ends of your hair working your way up to your roots. For an extra boost: mix the coconut oil with a teaspoon of olive oil. Leave the concoction in your hair for at least 30 minutes before thoroughly washing it off.
Tip: When my hair is super dry and damaged after chemical treatment, I leave this this mix in my hair all day! I reapply 2 or 3 times through out the day.
2. Treat your face to relaxing and moisturizing facial by whipping up a DIY Lavender Vanilla Facial, and add 1 tbsp. of coconut oil to the mix. This facial is easy on your wallet while giving you spa like results. I especially like to do this facial in the evening because the lavender fragrance helps me wind down.
Tip: Coconut oil has anti-bacterial properties that can help reduce and eliminate blemishes.
3. Become a glowing goddess this season by apply a tiny amount of makeup to areas on your face that you would like to highlight. The coconut oil will act as a natural illuminator to make your face look radiant.
Tip: The key word her is “tiny”. Using too much will take your face for dewy to gross and greasy.
4. Humidity and frizzy tresses go hand-in-hand, especially in South Florida. Although the weather will start cooling off for some, in Florida, we still have at least 3 more months of summer. Say bye-bye to frizz by rubbing a few drops of coconut oil in your hands and running it through your hair. This will also leave a lustrous shine on your locks!
5. Snuggle season is right around the corner! While most of us welcome the chill in the air, no one looks forward to the chapped lips that follow. Keep your lips moisturized this season by rubbing coconut oil on your lips at night. The coconut oil will hydrate your lips while you sleep so you can wake up to kiss-ably smooth lips.
6. Just because it’s not the height of flip-flop season, doesn’t mean your piggies should be neglected. Treat yourself to a weekly mini-pedicure. Massage your feet with coconut oil to mend cracked heals, moisturize cuticles and nourish your nails.
7. While you’re at it, treat yourself to a mini-mani! Finish up your mani with a trendy emerald nail polish.
Tip: Wipe off the oily residue from your nails with alcohol before you polish your nails.
8. Fresh out of makeup wipes? Have no fear! Dip a cotton ball in some coconut oil and use it as a natural and chemical-free makeup remover.
9. Make dry winter skin a thing of the past by applying coconut oil to your skin after your daily shower. The warm water will open your pores leaving them ready to absorb the nutritional goodness the coconut oil has to offer. Ashy skin just became a thing of the past!
10. Turn scaly winter skin into radiant skin with a DIY Brown Sugar Body Scrub. The brown sugar in this scrub exfoliates your skin, while the coconut oil provides deep penetrating moisture.
Tip: When the temperature begins to drop, so does the hydration in your skin. Nourish your skin this winter by using this DIY Brown Sugar Scrub weekly.
What are your favorite uses for coconut oil?