Geek chic is the latest trend and the right pair of glasses can take your outfit to a new level of sophisticated.
Before you apply your normal makeup routine, make sure to make a few tweaks to your routine when you are wearing glasses.
1. Line your waterline- Long night? Hangover? Never let your eyes tell your secrets from last night. Line your eyes with a nude liner to instantly perk up your eyes. You will get the same results as 2 cups of coffee, guaranteed!
2. Conceal like it’s no ones business- While your at it, make use to conceal dark circles, which can be amplified with glasses. Use a salmon shade concealer, mixed with an illuminator to instantly look bright-eyed.
3. Strategize before you line- Keep your style of frames in mind when you are lining your eyes. The thicker your frames, the thicker your line. I like to wear chucky black frames because they pair perfectly with a heavy winged eye.
4. Mascara it up!- Nothing opens up your eyes more than mascara, so make sure to apply two coats, but skip of the lengthening formula.
5. Get your brows in order- Just because you are wearing glasses, doesn’t mean you can skip on your brows. Remember, your brows frame your face, so make sure they are groomed and filled as need. Need help? Check out my brow tutorial.
6. Blend, blend, blend!- Lenses tend to magnify your eyes and bring out more details in your makeup. With that said, make sure you blend all your products well!
7. Set before you go- Hate when your glasses slide off the bridge of your nose? Or when they leave marks on your nose? Keep your makeup and glasses from straying by setting your nose with powder.
If you are near-sighted (glasses make your eyes appear smaller):
- Give your eyes dimension by applying a shimmery shade on the center of your lid
- Line all around your eyes to give the illusion of larger eyes
- Don’t be afraid to go with a smoky eye, which will make your eyes appear bigger. This is also a great idea for an evening look
- Apply a white eye shadow shade in the corner of your inner eye, with a hint of shimmer, to bring attention to your eyes
- Go minimal with your eye makeup, and avoid a smoky eye
- Make sure to apply blush, to balance your facial features
- Don’t be shy and wear a bold lip, which will go great with a minimal eye look
RELATED POST: 5 ways to wear a neon pink pout
Do you wear glasses? Which of these tips did you find helpful? Do you have any tips you would like to share?