This year I have prepared a handful of Halloween makeup looks for my 3rd Annual Halloween Makeup Series. I have put together looks for a variety of characters, from creepers to beauties and tips on how to recreate the looks at home.
I kicked off the series a few weeks ago with a Hunger Games Catching fire makeup look, Mermaid Makeup Look, Creepy Ventriloquist Makeup Look and this week I have a look from the colorful dead!
Sugar Skull Makeup Look
Sugar skulls are one of my favorite Halloween looks. As a matter of fact, each year since I started my annual makeup series, I have included a sugar skull makeup look in each series. My first sugar skull was very traditional and my second sugar skull was more colorful and artistic.
This year I decided to fuse both of my past looks together and created a beautiful and sleek sugar skull. This look is very classic with just a touch of color and bedazzling.
Sugar skull makeup is easy to do and it’s great for a last minute costume. You can really customize this look by selecting your favorite colors, accents and gemstones.
Tips For Creating a Sugar Skull Makeup Look:
- Less is more. Start simple and add a few details at a time that you don’t over do the look.
- I have used all kinds of white bases and I have found that the Mehron Clown White is the best product. I like to set it with Sugarpill’s Tako eye shadow, which is a super pigmented white shadow.
- Use gemstones that already have adhesive on the backside so that you don’t mess up your face while applying the stones.
- To draw the details of a sugar skull, you can use traditional makeup products from your vanity or face paints. I like to use both.
- A flower crown is the perfect way to bring a sugar skull look together, check out my DIY Flower Crown Tutorial to learn how to make your own crown
Mehron Clown White Face Paint
Sugarpill Tako Eyeshadow
Sugarpill Poison Plum Eyeshadow
Sugarpill Dollipop Eyeshadow
Makeup Forever Flash Palette (Classic)
OCC Pageant Lip Tar
Makeup, costume styling and photography by me
A special thank you to my lovely model, Melanie Hernandez.