Mercedes-Benz Swim Week 2014 just wrapped up in Miami. From runway shows to street style, the city was seeping resort and summer inspired fashion at the seams.
Here are my top 5 Mercedes-Benz Swim Week 2014 trends:
- Flower Crowns- Beautiful blooming flower crowns graced the catwalks of several shows, including Wild Fox Couture and Luli Fama. From dainty crowns to full on headwear, there was a look to please the inner flower child in any fashionista.Love this look? Make your own Flower Crown with this Flower Crown Tutorial!
- Seriously Sun-Kissed Skin- It’s Miami! Everyone has a tan—including the models that strut their stuff down the Luli Fama runway. I’m not talking about a hint of summer sun lovin’; the girls were in full on golden goddess mode!I love the bronze beauty look, especially the skin-focused makeup because it’s such an easy trend for the average girl to incorporate into her beauty routine.Side note: Flamingos were a swim week icon! The “Lil Miss Miami” collection designed by The Fashion Poet for Taudrey has a few flamingo pieces (including the one pictured below) available for purchase now! Check them out!
- Strappy Sandals- From wedges, to T-straps, to gladiators, sandals were definitely making a statement at Swim Week. Not only were there incredibly chic styles, but sandals are the perfect way to beat the Miami heat!
- Pop of Color Liner- I adore the pops of green under-eye liner used in the Mara Hoffman show. The makeup looks were skin focused, but the dash of greenery under the eyes gave the models just the right amount of edge.
- Printed Mani’s- You haven’t seen nail art until you see the mani’s from the Mara Hoffman show. The New York based Vanity Projects team hooked the models up with one-of-a-kind manicures that looked like miniature works of street art. Definitely a 10 on my drool-worthy scale!
What is you favorite trend from Swim Week 2014?